Jean Guesdon, the director of the Assassin’s Creed: Origins, says “Assassin’s Creed Origins is set to provide every player with a unique experience, to the extent that no two people will have the same experience.” at PC Gamer‘s interview.
We want players to have their own personal experience, which means less scripting and less handholding. We create a world, we place some content in it – we have dozens of quests, and people that you will meet who will tell you stories. But in between, when you’re in the world, a lot of things can happen. And no two people will have the same experience – it’s just not possible.
We’ve reworked the AI so that all living beings in the world are real AI. The lions are hunting antelopes, the crocodiles are attacking hippos if there are any around, and the world is much more living than before.
Everyone knows that dedicated server is definitely helpful in multiplayer experience, and Ubisoft finally decided to migrate to a dedicated server system. In the latest For Honor roadmap, which include future content, updates and etc. However, one of the improvements they’re trying to do is dedicated servers.
Game Director Damien Kieken clarified why they decided to do this move now and how it will improve the game’s multiplayer experience:
How will adding dedicated servers improve the online experience for For Honor players?
DK: So basically, since we launched the game, we’ve faced new online challenges. We saw that we had connectivity and stability problems, mostly on 4v4 modes, so it’s one of the things we’ve looked at and worked on a lot since the game launched. And during that process, we decided to do an analysis of the whole online infrastructure we have and compare it to other existing ones. And in the end, based on all the data we gathered … we decided to do the move and to migrate to a dedicated server technology, for many, many different reasons.
One of them, and the main reason for us, is that we want to improve the stability of the matches on 4v4, and we want to have an architecture that is more long-term, that could help us more in the future for the things we want to do next. And then you have some very simple examples; with dedicated servers, you don’t have session host migration anymore, so there is no game pausing when somebody leaves the session. You won’t have to manage your NATs. You don’t have to check your NAT if you want to play with a friend or things like that. So it will also help greatly the overall experience of the player, from matchmaking to the game session itself, to playing with friends, and things like that.
Need for Speed Payback
A Way Out
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Xbox One X
World Premiere Trailer:
Forza Motorsport 7
Life Is Strange: Before The Storm
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Creation Club Announce Trailer:
The Elder Scrolls
Skyrim Switch Trailer:
Skyrim VR Trailer:
Online Expansion Trailer:
Legends Heroes of Skyrim Trailer:
VFR Reveal Trailer:
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
The Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
America Under Siege Trailer:
Gunning For Freedom Trailer:
Collector’s Edition Reveal Trailer:
Assassin’s Creed Origins
World Premiere Trailer:
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
The Crew 2
Skull and Bones
Starlink: Battle for Atlas
Steep: Road to the Olympics Expansion
World Premiere Trailer:
Far Cry 5
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Assains’s Creed: Origin release date has been leaked via a Game Informer magazine. The alleged leaked release date is October 27, 2017.
Check out the full list of new features, mechanics, and pics:
- Started working on game before unity
- Brand new fighting system
- New A.I.
- No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top
- No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick
- Crouching is back
- Story is being kept a secret
- Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies
- Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra
- You can climb everything in the game
- Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria
- The controllable eagle leak was true
- NPC’s have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and “answer the call of nature”
- Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger
- A.I. does not take turns to attack
- New combat system is more hit-box driven
- As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed
- Left shoulder button is lock on
- There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins)
- Stat element of customization is removed
- New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials
- Leveling system that has a level cap of 40
- Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret
- There are legendary items to loot in the game
- You can add blocked arrows to your inventory
- You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade
- Buttons for free-running up and down are removed
- Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches
- Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter)
- There are gladiator battles in arenas
The Division, lost 93% of its player base in the span of first 3 months. For Honor has surpassed one of 2016’s biggest bombs by losing 95% of its player base on Steam.
For Honor’s Average Player Count per Hour via GitHyp
Representative for Ubisoft confirmed that there are no plans to release the game until FY21, or fiscal year 2021. That means the game is not to premier before April 1, 2020.