Nvidia released Shadow of the Tomb Raider graphics/performance guide so players can compare how different settings look and perform.
The guide includes:
- Ambient Occlusion
- Depth of Field
- Lens Flares
- Level of Detail
- Resolution Modifier
- Screen Effects
- Screen Space Contact Shadows
- Screen Space Reflections
- Shadow Quality
- Texture Filtering
- Texture Quality
- Volumetric Lighting
- Settings Wrap-Up
- GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 4K Performance
Check out the full guide here.
In the release of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Microsoft released Microsoft DirectX Raytracing (DXR). Which will gives all developers a access to RTX hardware support of ray tracing, by using industry standard API.
3DMark TimeSpy score of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 has leaked. According to the leaked date, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 is 37% faster than GTX 1080 and 6% faster than GTX 1080 Ti without using AI core(DLSS).
GeForce RTX is Nvidia‘s new GPU series with Turing architecture and RTX platform. Which supports real-time ray tracing, AI enhanced graphics, and programmable shading.
They also announced few games that will feature real-time ray tracing:
- Assetto Corsa Competizione from Kunos Simulazioni/505 Games
- Atomic Heart from Mundfish
- Battlefield V from EA/DICE
- Control from Remedy Entertainment/505 Games
- Enlisted from Gaijin Entertainment/Darkflow Software
- Justice from NetEase
- JX3 from Kingsoft
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries from Piranha Games
- Metro Exodus from 4A Games
- ProjectDH from Nexon’s devCAT Studio
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider from Square Enix/Eidos-Montréal/Crystal Dynamics/Nixxes
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti is now on sale for $1,199. GeForce RTX 2080 will be available in 9/20 with $799 price tag. GeForce RTX 2070 release date is not yet announced, but priced at $599.